Gmail is a free email service which is provided by one of the huge technological giant Google. This service was started on April 1, 2004 as a beta version and in 2007, Feb 7, this service was made available for the general public. Till this time, this service was still in beta status. In 2009, this service was upgraded from beta status along with the rest of Google App Suite. Gmail is today’s most used web mail service as it offers many advantages in comparison to its competing partners such as Yahoo Mail, Hotmail and others. It allows you to send the big files but for this you have to use another Google service called Google Drive. Besides, it also provide up to 5 GB email storage space in its drive for every user where they can store different files and documents over the cloud. It is one of the most used services because of its security too. It is believed as the most secure web mail that is available. Gmail service can be accessed for free by any users. If you already have an Google Account then you can directly access Gmail with same username and password after completing the Gmail Login steps. And if you don’t have any Google account, you can access this service by signing up for free. Below are the steps for signing up and logging in.
Gmail Login Steps
- First go to the link https://www.google.com.
- The new page will display, in the top right corner you will find “Gmail”, click on it Or You can simply go to the link directly: https://www.google.com/intl/en/mail/help/about.html.
- At the top right corner you will see “Sign in” button click on it.
- Now enter your registered email address and click on Next.
- After that you will be asked for password, enter your password and click on “Sign in” and you are done with the Gmail Login process. You can now send and receive the message for free.
Above are the steps for gmail login if you already have Google account. If you don’t have Gmail account you can create it for free. Google allows you to access it’s all Google services such as Google drive, by only one account. So by creating the new Google Id you can use all the Gmail services. Below are the few steps for creating Google ID.
Gmail Sign Up Steps
- In your browser open google.com
- At the top right corner of the page you will see “sign in” button click on it
- After that you will see the login box. Below the box, there is a “create account” option. Click on it
- You will be taken to new page. In the page you will be given an online form which asks the information about your -self such as your First and Last name, date of birth, gender, your mobile number, current email address and your preferred username. Your username should be unique than others so you might not get exactly what you want. You will also be given various options for username based on your first and last name. you can either choose that or try various preferred username.
- After filling all the information you have to verify you are not robot. You can skip this process but you will require phone verification.
- Finally you have to agree the terms of the Google and click on Next step and you are now ready for using Google services.
Gmail Login Problems
Sometime due to various reasons there might occur problem while logging in. When there is problem while signing in, check whether you are connected to internet or not.
- If you are connected and still unable to sign in, it might be due to poor internet connection.
- Sometimes due to broken connections while loading the page, the pages might not load properly even after you are logged in. This is due to poor and slow net connection.
- And sometimes the reason for not being able to sign in is, due to spelling mistakes while entering passwords as all input data taken by Google are case sensitive. You better check whether caps lock is on or off.
Gmail Login Password Recovery Process.
- Go to a link https://www.google.com
- At top right corner click on sign in button which is highlighted in blue background.
- You will see login box. In the bottom right corner of the log in box, there is “Need help?” button. Click on it
- After that you will see different option for forgetting your username or password or other problem. Click on “I don’t know my password”. Then enter your use email address and click on continue.
- You will be asked to enter your last password if you remember. If you don’t remember click on “I don’t know”.
- Then you will be asked to send the verification code in your phone. You will get two options that is either a text message or an automated phone call.
- Click on any option and continue.
- After that you will get call or text message in your mobile. Enter the code in the next page and click on continue
- Then you will be taken to page where you will be asked to enter your new password. And then your new password will be updated.