Hotmail is web based email service which is now widely popular as outlook.com. This mailing service is created and introduced by the Microsoft is one of the most preferred mail service by the internet users. Outlook.com offers the various extra features to its users. Some of the features that you will be offered while using this service are virus scanning, spam filtering, keyboard control while working on page, and it can be used in various languages also. So, if you are also interested to use this service then you can create a new account for free of cost and login to it. This article provides you the simple process Hotmail Login or Outlook Login and to create the account. Signing in can be done only with the registered account.
Hotmail Sign Up Steps
- First of all open your web browser and click on the link – www.hotmail.com.
- Click on the “No account? Create one!” link just below the “Sign In” button.
- You will be redirected to the Hotmail Sign Up page. There you need to enter the various information asked such as your first name, last name, preferred username and password and re-enter password for confirmation. Also enter need to mention your country or region name, date of birth and gender in the respective fields. For the security purpose and account recovery process you need to provide your phone number and alternate email address also.
- You also need to enter the code or character shown in your screen.
- Now click on the “create account” button at the bottom side of the page to complete the Hotmail sign up process.
- Clicking on the “create account” button means you agree all the Outlook terms and condition. However, before creating a new account if you first want to read them then click on “privacy and cookies statement” and “Microsoft Services Agreement” link provided at the bottom of the page.
You can login to outlook by two different ways. You can either login by using your account password or by using the single- use code. Below you can find the both ways for the Hotmail Login Process.
Hotmail Login Steps
Signing in Using Password
- Open your web browser in your computer and go to hotmail.com.
- You will directly be redirected to Hotmail Login Page, where you can see the 2 empty fields for your email address and password.
- Enter your email address or phone in the first empty field and enter password in the second one. Make sure that you have entered the registered email address and password associated with that account.
- Click on the small square box ahead of “Keep me Sign In” if you want to stay signed in. Else leave it as it is.
- Then you can click on the blue color button “Sign In” to access your account.
- The link “Can’t access your account?” is provided in case if you encounter any problems during the sign in process or froget your password.
Signing in Using Single–Use Code
Most of the user prefer this process when they attempt Hotmail Login through any of the public computer. If you are signing in from your friend’s computer or other public computer, we recommend to use this process as it provides you extra security than using your password.
- After getting to the Hotmail login page, click on the “sign in with a single use code” link. The link is placed just below “Can’t access your account?” link.
- Enter your email address in the first empty field and mobile number in the second space. Remember that you can only enter the mobile number that is already associated with your account.
- Click on the “Text me the code” button. (Click on “Already have a code? Link if you have already got a code”)
- Outlook will send you the code with in a few minutes. (Click on “Don’t have a code? if the code is not sent to you for more that fifteen minutes. The request will be made once again.”)
- In the “single – use code” box, now enter the code that is sent to you.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
If you follow the above steps properly, you will be able to use the various features offered by outlook.com which includes sending and receiving the emails. If the above steps fail to access your account then it might be due to various reasons. Wrong username and password, spelling mistakes in ID/password, poor internet conditions and not using the official login site are the common reasons for facing the Hotmail Login Problems. So, make sure you solve all these errors before signing in.